Sunday, December 21, 2008

The trick to blogging

So after having spent so much time blogging over the past two weeks, I have come to realize why some people (my sister Mauri) are more successful at this than others (yours truly). The trick is to write something every day or two so that you don't get three or four (or more) days down the road and realize that you, yet again, have to write a blog entitled or prefaced with something like, "Here are pictures from a bunch of different things," or "Please excuse my rambling on about numerous different topics."
My sister is great at blogging. She typically will post something every day or two and will have a post on one topic with corresponding pictures. I, on the other hand, find that I wait for two or three events to occur before it dawns on me to post something on the blog and then my post turns into a menagerie of rambling thoughts. That being said, please excuse the forthcoming nonsensical rambling.
First, I have been meaning to post this picture for a while, but since my posts have recently been focused on Maggie's arrival, I thought I'd wait to share this. Never has a truer description about an internet phenomenon been said.

So here comes all the little I have to say to the few of you who actually will read this.

During the past few days, some of Josh and Maggie's cousins have been in town to meet Maggie. On Friday, Josh and I went to the zoo with Jenna, Jared, Jacob, Abbie, Grandpa, Grandma, and our friends Thomas and Eric. The kids all had a great time.
Josh riding on the Carousel with Aunt Jenna. Uncle Jared, Jacob, Abbie, and Grandpa also took a ride.
The zoogoers. Jacob and Jared, Abbie and Grandpa, Josh and Dad, and Eric and Thomas.
Josh (on the right) and one of his best little buddies Eric enjoyed watching the fish.

Saturday was a big, yet depressing, day for BYU sports. Grandpa came over and picked Josh and I up to go to the BYU vs. ASU basketball game. ASU was favored, but BYU was winning almost the entire game until they lost at the end by one point after the officials waived off BYU's game-winning basket at the buzzer. Despite the loss, it was a great game and we had a fun time.
What wasn't such a great game was BYU's loss to the University of Arizona later that evening. Maggie got all dressed up to support the Cougs in her first exposure to BYU football, but unfortunately, she was one disappointed Alma Matter daughter. Interestingly enough, the first BYU game Josh saw (and went to) was BYU loosing to UofA in Tucson two years ago. Note to self: our kids introduction to BYU sports = loss for the Cougars. Sorry guys. At least Maggie looked cute. Go Cougs!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Such a disappointing game. she is cute all decked out in Cougar Gear!

Nelson and Kelsey Lewis said...

It was good to see Dan & Josh at the game. I went with my dad and brother and we sat about 10 rows from them. What an exciting game! I'm glad to see that all is well with you guys...

Nelson