Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Boxes and boxes and boxes . . .

Well the movers came, packed, and left . . . with most of our stuff headed off to Germany. I sure hope it makes it there ok! It is so nice to see the floor in the front room again! I've been busy settling in and going through the boxes that are in the garage either to use in this house or pack back up and store in the garage for the next few years. I have missed having some man-power around while I've been moving boxes and pushing couches. I ran into Scott, a cousin, at Target yesterday and he gallantly helped me push some stuff around in the garage so that we can fit the car inside, yeah! Thanks Scott!
Josh asked for a gingerbread house in January, with red frosting, his new favorite color. So amidst the chaos of boxes and books lying around there is a slanting graham cracker house with red frosting and pretzels. I accidentally put maple flavoring in the frosting instead of vanilla, but Josh didn't mind, he still managed to eat as much as was on the house. He was so excited to make a house. With all the hustle and bustle we didn't make one last month like we have in the past. I guess this is one tradition that is a must do . . . I'm glad that Josh reminded me! He's been such a great helper these past few weeks. He's also been my little shadow. He follows me around from room to room and only want Mom to do certain things. That is really the only negative signs he's shown of Dan being gone. He's my little shadow, which truth be told, I actually am enjoying a lot because when Dan is around, he is the man of the hour. This past week has been really fun just playing with the kids now that the pressure of the movers is over. I love just watching them interact and seeing how their minds work. I love my kids! I'm so lucky to be their mom! With Josh cracking jokes all day and Maggie's infectious smile who couldn't be positively entertained and happy all day!

2 comments:

bjahlstrom said...

Holly, oh the places you will go! It is amazing that you and Dan are off on such big adventures! You are such an able mother, wife, and individual...I feel special that I was once your roommate!

Amy said...

It was great to see you on Saturday! I hope all goes well with the final steps of the move!