Tuesday, January 19, 2010

3 more weeks in Utah!

Lieutenant Dan! Doesn't he look good! It's Holly writing. . . shocking I know. I haven't posted in a few months but I have found a few spare moments while the kids are sleeping and our house is packed full of boxes. The movers came today and packed up everything for the big move to Germany. They will come back tomorrow and actually load everything into giant crates, then into a truck, then off to Germany! I must say I am quite impressed with how well they packed everything, better than I did! It will be nice to be able to see the living room and actually sit on the couch instead of a mountain of boxes and stuff strewn anywhere there was a space. This has been a whirlwind week getting everything ready for the big move, an unfortunate bonus the kids and I have all been under the weather with colds . . . darn inversions! I have to say I am feeling quite relieved to have the hardest part of the time spent here over and now I have 3 weeks to play with all of our family here! Dan is doing great! He is really enjoying his experience in COTC. Today he got to do an obstacle course. He loved it and got really dirty from crawling through sand, climbing up walls, rolling around and having the stereotypical military trench experience. He really enjoyed a break from the routine day he has. He usually wakes up early at 4:30 every morning, has morning marches and drills, then eat breakfast at 7 a.m. He then usually sits in class for a few hours, breaks for lunch then back to classes, eats dinner, then has meeting initiated by his flight (13 people) to help with their physical preparedness and other training drills that they hope to perfect to gain special privileges; then its off to study his homework and manual which he is tested on, laundry, ironing, and any personal time, it's light out by 11:30. He is really enjoying the classes, he says that they are very informative and motivational. He feels lucky to be in such a great flight. In his group there are 140 officers in training. In that group there are 3 squadrons, in each squadron there are either 3 or 4 flights of 13-15 people. In his flight there are 13 people: 4 JAG, 1 doctor, 1 public health administrator, and 7 are nurses. His flight scored highest on their physical test and hope to maintain that in their final physical test their last week. Dan is excited to be where he is right now and is having a great time! I'm so glad that he is getting to live his dream! Here are some pics from the last few months. Maggie's 1st Birthday! My parents, Aunt Becky, Aunty Mauri, Katelyn, Elli, and Wesley all joined our family to celebrate our little princess turning 1. We had a pinyata, pizza, cake and ice cream. Maggie loved it all!

Then Dan and I went on a fun cruise! We went para-sailing, swam with dolphins and snorkeling. My favorite was swimming with the dolphins and getting to ride on them. It was so amazing! We laughed a lot, played lots of games, and ate a lot of good food!




We celebrated Christmas out in Georgia, then went to Disney World with the Brewer bunch and then met up with Jarvis Family and Grandpa Boyd for a Disney Cruise. Maggie and Josh LOVED the characters! Maggie even got a smooch from Donald Duck! I think the kids favorite part was playing in the water! Maggie had a blast playing in the splash area and Josh made some new gilfriends in the kids pool! He's already holding hands with girls, what a stud! The Disney cruise was fantastic! It was my favorite crusie experience! The entertainment was amazing, the food fantastic, and SOO kid friendly! I loved it, despite the kids and I getting a little sea-sick! What a trip!













4 comments:

Cory & Alli said...

Holly, my cousins are moving to Germany this weekend to live on a military base! WEIRD! I don't know what base, but I'll let you know. It's my aunt Missy, I don't know if you remember her, but she's the one that's a caterer. That would be cool if you were in the same area!

Carolyn said...

Hope you are feeling better and now have a few boxes out of the house and can sit in the living room! Cute pictures of your kiddos. I miss them.

Allison said...

Glad to here Dan's doing well, and that you had fun on your cruises. I love Maggie's birthday pictures. I miss you!!

Nan and Aaron said...

Moving is miserable but I can't even imagine an international move. Our friends moved back to Germany Dec 15 and are still waiting for all their "stuff" to arrive! Hopefully things run a little more smoothly for you guys.
What a fun adventure you are embarking on. I can't wait to see how everything goes so keep us all "posted." And we really might make it over there while you are there. Aaron would LOVE it!

Best of luck

p.s. way jealous of the cruises!