Saturday, October 31, 2009

Air Force Assignment

It has been a long and eventful month since we last wrote anything on our blog. As many of you have heard, my (Dan's) mom passed away on October 6 and we kept planning and having her funeral and taking care of all the other necessities associated with wrapping up one's temporal affairs. Thank you to all those who have offered words of support during this difficult time.

On a more exciting note, we will be finding out next week where we will be stationed when I begin my employ with the Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corps. That being said, we having a little contest to see who can guess where we will end up. Click here to look at the list of potential bases and then make a comment or send an email with your vote. Whoever guesses correctly (or closest) will win a dinner on us when you come to visit.

Additionally, I have had numerous requests that I keep people informed of what life is like in the JAG corps. For that reason, I have decided to start my own blog to journal my experiences. Although I don't start Officer Training until January, I have already created the blog and hopefully will be able to write often enough to give you all an idea of what life is like as a JAG officer. Here is the blog for those who are interested: http://unclesamesquire.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Ang said...

I'm voting San Antonio or Tampa.

I'm sorry about your Mom, Dan. I've been following her story through your blog and I'm so sorry to hear that she passed away. From what you've written about her, she must have been an amazing mother and grandmother.

Edna Guerrero said...

So are ya excited that they're sending you back to Phoenix because that's where you'll be stationed!!! LUKE AFB - Welcome back! :)

Maylene said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope you guys are doing ok. That will be exciting to find out where you are going to end up. Maybe somewhere warm...since you guys are used to nice warm weather :)

Niels said...

Nellis all the way. There is no real reason we think it will be Nellis, we just want you guys here! We miss you!

Unknown said...

Hmmm.. Luke AFB would be sooo awesome, but somehow I don't think that is it. If it were me, I would want somewhere in Colorado, North Carolina, or one of the overseas bases. I'm excited to hear where you will be headed off to.