Monday, September 21, 2009

Dan the Man


Dan turned 29 on Sept. 2nd. The kids and I gave him a few presents, which Josh was very excited about and "helped" Dan open them by ripping the paper to shreds. I made his favorite cake, spice cake with cream cheese frosting and Dan and I went out on a date to an amazing Sushi place called RA in Ahwatukee. The best were the Vegas rolls! If you ever have a chance go there! It was a fun day and it gave us a rest from all of the packing.
I know that it is well past Dan's 29th Birthday, but I had to post how amazing my husband is! So I made a list of 29 things I love about Dan!
1. He makes me smile everyday
2. He takes our kids on daddy dates (He took Josh to the BYU game last Saturday, sooo sad they lost)
3. He lets me sleep in a few extra minutes and gets up with Josh to give him his oatmeal
4. He is an amazing kisser . . . etc.
5. He always opens the door for me
6. He is very hardworking, even when he doesn't love what he is doing
7. He has an awesome sense of humor, he cracks me up all the time!
8. He is always ready at a moments notice to give me or the kids a priesthood blessing
9. He always eats what I make for dinner
10. He love BYU, even after they have a disappointing game.
11. He always puts our family first, in everything!
12. He cleans the toilets and the showers so I don't have to
13. He make the best fajitas I've ever tasted
14. He loves me even though his ski skills are far superior (He's double black diamond, I'm bunny hill)
15. He always says "I Love You" as the last thing he tells me on the phone, when we're talking, and at night
16. He waited for me to finish my degree at BYU, even though it meant loosing his Arizona residency and therefore having to pay more the first year at ASU Law School
17. He always snuggles with me when we watch a movie
18. He always offers me the last bite when we are splitting some kind of food
19. He has never yelled at me in the whole five years we've been married
20. He is always willing to change diapers
21. He makes a great dragon when he and Josh play dragons & knights
22. He adores our children
23. He is very gregarious and makes friends easily
24. He has made me much more geographically conscious (he was a geography major at BYU, and yes, he does know where every country is and their capital)
25. He has shown me how to have greater patience and not hold grudges
26. He always wins in tickle fights
27. He can sleep through my snoring and talking in my sleep
28. He is the best dad to our kids, they absolutely adore him!
29. He is everything I've ever wanted in a man, friend, husband and father, he is WONDERFUL!

I love you Dan!

1 comment:

Nan and Aaron said...

Happy Belated Dan. You guys have such a cute little fam. I wish we got to see you more, but am grateful for blogs to keep us up to date! nan