Monday, August 17, 2009

Hiatus

When a long period of time passes between blog posts, I am often tempted to go back to the last posting and fill you all in with what has occurred during the elapsed time. When I turned on the old Compy I had intended to forgo the above-mentioned exercise due to the almost one month's worth of events I would have to write about, but then I thought "I got no school and I got no job but I got time, so why not inundate the world wide web with the minutia of my life." So, without further ado, I present (in chronological order) the past month in pictures and captions...

1. Grew my "Holly-is-out-of-town-and-I-have-a-big-test-to-take Beard." I call this one "I can handle the bar, can you?" Get it? Handle...bar... Yes, it's shaved off now, and yes, I realize that by posting this picture, it will somehow surface if I ever run for any public office.
Then again, maybe that's not a bad thing. Politicians don't sport the facial hair like they used to. For example, here's the first Governor of the territory of Arizona, John Noble Goodwin. He could definitely handle the bar.

2. I took the bar. As if the pain of studying for two months and then taking the bar weren't awful enough, I won't find out the results until October. I feel pretty good about it and am going with the assumption that I passed. If you have any doubts, please see number 1 above.

3. Holly and the kids finished up their month-long trip up to Utah while I studied for the bar. Holly's parents were kind enough to let Holly and the kids spend the month with them. They had a great time, especially Josh who is never unhappy with the complete undivided attention of an entire houseful of family members. I missed them immensely and it is wonderful to have them back at home again.
4. After the bar I flew up to Utah to reunite with my family and to drive back home to Arizona. While there and on our way home, we were able to spend some time with extended family and friends in Utah, Idaho, and Nevada.
Idaho with the Mumfords. Josh and Maggie got to feed the cows and Josh got to ride on a scooter (if you ask him, it might be the highlight of his life up to this point).
Las Vegas, NV with our cousins Becca and Matt and our good friends the Starleys.


5. Return home. It's great to be back home and back together as a family. I am more grateful than ever for my wonderful family and my beautiful and always supportive wife.

6. Maggie's pictures. Here are Maggie's 7 and 8 month pictures. She is scooting around a little bit and is as happy as ever.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Dan...that "beard?" that red beard.....can you say visual tort? Good thing for Holly you are a clean shaven man! That is definitely a blackmail photo!
Love you!