Friday, June 12, 2009

Help Cure Breast Cancer

As most of you probably know, my (Dan's) mom has been fighting a tough battle with breast cancer for the past couple of years. Last year, my mom and my sisters participated in the Susan G. Komen For the Cure cancer walk to raise money to find a cure for breast cancer. This year, my mom and my sister Mauri are going to do it again and they are working to raise money and raise awareness to help find a cure for this terrible disease. If you would like to help there are two ways to go about it. First, you can click here to donate directly towards their goal of $4,600. Second, if you want to really show your support, you can order one (or more) of these awesome t-shirts my sister has designed.
For $12 plus shipping ($3-5) you can help support the effort to find a cure for breast canser and raise awareness by wearing these awesome shirts at the same time. All proceeds from shirt sales will go to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure. For those in Phoenix, I will likely be able to get a much cheaper rate on shipping (if any at all) because I'm having Mauri send me a bulk order. Please help in any way you see fit. If you would like to order a shirt you can email me (sdanielcolton@gmail.com) or post a comment letting me know how many shirts you'd like and what size you'd like. As you may have noticed, the design of the shirt is a female style, but don't despair fellas, if you'd like a man-shirt, we can do that too. Yes, I will admit, I just ordered my first pink shirt. Thank you in advance to all of you who are willing to help us find a cure. Since 1 in 8 women will battle with breast cancer at some point in their lives, those who help are doing a great service to all the women we love so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly, I didn't know your mom has been battling breast cancer. I'm very sorry to hear that and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. She was such a great "mom" to all of us in high school and I love and admire her very much. How is she doing?

I don't know if you remember my little sister, Katie. She is also battling breast cancer. She was diagnosed this past January at the tender age of 23. She lives in Philadelphia and I haven't been able to see her even once since she was diagnosed and began treatment. You never know who or when it might strike. Again, my prayers are with your mom and your family.