Friday, September 19, 2008

Ahh Books!

I can honestly say that during this pregnancy I have read more books than I think I have ever in a 6 month period of my life before. Books and having awesome friends and family have helped me keep my sanity through the oh so toasty summer months and this past week of being on modified bed-rest. So here are some of the books that I have read:

The complete Harry Potter septology. Yep, I finally had enough time to read all 7 books for the first time back to back. All I can say is "Wow." I think that series was one of the most engaging, compelling and fascinating that I have ever read. I absolutely loved it! Especially the 6th & 7th books, mostly because I had seen the movies of all the other books first so it kind of spoiled it for me because I already knew what was going to happen.
The cutest thing happened when I was reading the 7th book, there is this really sad part and being extremely emotional due to hormones and having my mother's over-reactive tear ducts I started crying a lot. Josh went over to his diaper wipes and got one out and then came over and said "Mommy sad?" and then wiped my cheeks and nose with the wet wipe. How cute is that! Josh has such a sweet side to him, it is so cute to watch, he's going to be such a great big-brother!
Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice," "Sense & Sensibility," & "Mansfield Park." I enjoyed all of them immensely, but my favorite was "Pride & Prejudice"
I read the final chapter in the twilight series, "Breaking Dawn." It started out really good and was very enthrawling but I have to say the ending was a little anti-climatic.
Today I just finished "The Proper Care & Feeding of Men." It's a great book about how to treat your man right, I would recommend it to anyone who is dating or married to a man!
I'm currently reading "The Holy Secret" which is complimentary to one of the most influential books I've ever read, "The Peacegiver." I'm about half way through and would recommend this to any LDS person. It is really easy to read, very quick and very insightful.
I would love to have some recommendations for more books to read.

8 comments:

Rob and Mercedi said...

I love to see what books you're into. Now that I'm home I have more time to read. Since Mannix was born I've read "The Millionare Next Door", "Breaking Dawn", "The Other Bolyn Girl", "The Giver", "The Greatest Salesman in the World", and now I'm waiting for "Little Women" to come in the mail. I've never really liked reading but I've gotten more into it now. Please keep posting about books so I can get ideas of what to read!
How are you feeling? I want to see a picture of you cute belly!

Rachel Kirkham said...

Partial bed rest? I hope you are ok. I hear bits and pieces about you through Melanie which is sad since we live in the same state. We need to get together! In the mean time, is there anything I can do for you? Life bring you some more good books?

Edna Guerrero said...

Gosh... I wish I had time to read! Side note... Jessica loves Harry Potter

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

I'm pretty sure that's more books than I have read in the past 10 years. You are wonder woman to have time to chase Josh and read, read, read! Miss you guys.

Julie said...

Umm... I cried in both the 6th and 7th Harry Potter and I'm not prego, he! he! Love those books!

Cory & Alli said...

OOPS! "Julie" is really Alli! I'm using her laptop! Sorry!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Hey Holly! Hope your feeling better soon! Make sure to let me know if you need anything, remember I'm only a couple houses away! Also you should totally read Stephenie Meyer's The Host! Check my blog for my review, but it was great!

Trevor and Brooke said...

So is everything ok? I was on bed rest with Caden for two weeks and I thought I was going to go crazy!
Let us know. We'll be there in a few weeks!