Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hawaii

On New Year's Eve Dan and I went to beautiful Hawaii, just the two of us! It was an incredible vacation. It was so nice to relax, and catch up on sleep, since we haven't slept too well for the past 18 months on account of an adorable 2 1/2 foot bundle of energy! We visited 3 of the islands, the Big Island, Maui, & Kauai. We got to hike up a volcano (solidified of course), see some breath-taking scenery, go snorkeling, kayaking, splash around in a waterfall, and drive the infamous road to Hona (probably one of the curviest roads in the U.S.). It was so much fun! To top it off we had all of the coconut, pineapple and macadamian nuts you could wish for! It was fabulous! The weather was perfect, in the high 70's. Yes, we certainly missed Josh, but he had a great time with my parents and his Aunt Becky & Uncle Ben. We were all excited to be reunited and spend some time with my family before heading back to Phoenix.

3 comments:

Mauri said...

You have a blog now! Yea!! Welcome to the blogging world with me. It's good to have the company. And I definitly want to see pictures from the trip!

Mauri said...

I'm waiting for more posts....
maybe even just pictures of Josh to keep me updated!
love ya.

Nan and Aaron said...

All I can say is I'm jealous. We were excited to have one night at a bed and breakfast while Dillon was 30 miles away, but a vacation to Hawaii would really be great. Hope you are doing well.

Natalie