Friday, April 30, 2010
WE'RE IN GERMANY!!!
After several mishaps with traveling (wrong orders, passports misplaced by a cleaning lady, and a volcano over Iceland) we finally arrived in Germany a week later than originally planned on Sunday. The kids did great on the flight, Josh stayed awake the entire 9 hour trip, and Maggie only slept for 1 1/2 hr--so Dan and I didn't sleep at all. Josh loved having his own private movie screen in front of him and watched Disney cartoons most of the way. We arrived in Frankfurt very tired, got our 11 bags, 2 car seats, stroller and carry on bags and were greeted by a very delighted grandpa! We went over to Dad & Julie's house, we all took a nap and then headed down to Ramstein. The drive to Ramstein was absolutely gorgeous! We drove past rolling green hills of various shades of green dusted with bright yellow flowers beneath a beautiful crisp blue sky. WOW!!! The Base is huge, it is its own enclosed city. So far we have been to the mall (yes a real mall on the base) the commissary, the shoppette, and the park almost every day. I must say Germans definitely have better parks, they aren't as concerned with getting sued I guess. The weather has been great, in the 70's! Our apartment we are staying in on base is nice, better than the one in Montgomery, so we are very grateful. I have already made some good friends, they had a bunco night last night. I was able to meet some of the J.A.G. wives, they all are very nice and I can't wait to get to know them better. We are having a great time here. Oh and the food, oh my goodness, WOW!!! The dairy over here is amazing, they have the best milk, yogurt, and cheese... and the chocolate, they really know how to make chocolate. We are really enjoying our adventure in Germany so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My parents-in-law live in Germany and say a lot of the same great things you mention! Good luck, Dand and Holly!
I'm so glad you all got there safe and sound! Please post tons of pics of everything. I just asked Rob if we can visit and he said yes, of course. We'll be there in two years, give or take a couple days. We have to wait until Rob's done with school. Love you guys!
Glad you made it safe. Keep the updates coming.
Keep and eye out for Mike & Missy McGrath (and their 15yr old son Chris). They're actually visiting Utah, but should be back in Germany in a couple weeks.
I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment