Thursday, April 2, 2009

Water Boy

Josh had his first real swim lesson this week. He was a little apprehensive at first, but he warmed right up and ended up having a great time. Here is a picture of Josh just before he got in the water. We'll try to get some action shots next time.
As evidence of how much Josh loved playing in the water, he decided to play a little bit in the sink this week too. As I was walking up the stairs the other day, I thought to myself, "It's a bit warm up here." So I looked at the thermostat and everything seemed normal. I then walked into our bedroom and thought, "It seems really muggy in here. I wonder if we left a humidifier on." Then I heard the sink running and thought "Oh, Josh must have turned the hot water on and left it running." I didn't think anything of it because I just figured the water was going straight down the drain. When I turned the corner into our bathroom I noticed that the entire floor was covered in about 1/2 inch of water and our counter top looked very much like Niagara Falls. I immediately called for Holly and the two of us ended up using almost every towel in our house to sop up all of the water. In what I am sure was a completely irrational cost-savings technique, the manufacturer of house decided to install sinks and tubs without overflow drains. Needless to say, it made for a long and soggy night.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Can you say "Mr. Distructo"! A sign of a creative inquisitive mind!

Edna Guerrero said...

Man.. that sucks... but it's funny! I have a few towels that I bought at a yard sale if you want them... ha ha!

Amy said...

It makes me wonder what our drains are? Good luck with your little Water boy!

Bob and Danya said...

What is with that!? Why don't we have drain overflows? There's a place for them to drill it. We've experienced the same issue several times. I'm debating taking a drill to it myself!

Nikkel said...

Ughhh! I can't even imagine cleaning up that water mess.