Thursday, August 7, 2008
Thank you for your help
I am rather hesitant as I sit down to type this because I am not one who likes to ask for help. However, recently something has occurred in my life that I feel impressed to share in hopes that I might be able to make a difference in the lives of others. Some of you may know that about two years ago, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She did some initial treatments and the doctors thought that everything was looking good. This week, however, we found out that the cancer has returned. I did not know much about breast cancer prior to this week, but I have certainly done my research over the past few days. That being said, I have a renewed desire to do my part to help my mom and to help anyone who may find themselves fighting the same battle. While my mom is the true fighter in this story, my sisters (and Holly and I in spirit) are teaming up with her to raise awareness and money toward finding a cure. In November, my mom, Mauri, and Jenna will walk 60 miles in three days to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a group that raises money and provides support for victims and survivors of breast cancer. As part of their efforts my mom and sisters have committed to raise $6,000. I encourage you to do some research on breast cancer and you will see why it is so important that continuing efforts are made to find a cure, a cure that will bless the lives of mothers, grandmothers, daughters, sisters, and aunts all over the world. Please click here or click on the link in the top right corner of this page to donate even a little bit to help my mom and my sisters with their goal. Thank you in advance on behalf of my mom, my sisters, and women throughout the world for your generosity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Having been through a similar scare a few years ago, I totally understand how scary this must be for your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom!
I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. I found it from Nikkels blog. Its super cute. I love your family picture at the top. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I would love to help out if you need Anything. I had no idea you were pregnant. I guess I don't see much of you at church. Very exciting news that you are having a girl. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment